Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 2010







We have been incredibly busy the past few weekends with travel to Sacramento and then to Tahoe! It was nice to have a few days off and be able to enjoy time with friends and their families. Ava especially loved playing with the big kids. "Cousin" Fiona paid extra close attention to her the entire weekend! I wish I would have taken more pictures, but mommy was having a wine weekend, so the camera was forgotten quite a bit. Oh well. We walked into town, lunched quite a bit, shopped and played poker. Today, we went for her 6 month check up which meant she had to get her shots (booooo). She did not like it one bit, but I learned to give her Tylenol right away instead of waiting until it is too late. She is 19 pounds, 27 inches and growing like crazy. The Dr. said that her gums are swollen so she is probably going to get two teeth. Uh-oh. She finally slept through the night last night. For the past two weeks she has been waking a couple of times a night. I haven't had much sleep and that means grumpy mommy. Everyone is saying growth spurt and I believe it. Maybe her teeth are bothering her too. Poor Ava. Tomorrow we go to the Golden Poppy to check out their infant program. Since she is so active now it is hard for Erik to watch her and work from home, so we are going to start her at 2 days a week and then work our way up to 4 days a week. After our weekend in Tahoe, I don't feel so bad because she loves being with kids! I think it will be fun for her. On a separate note, I had a dream I was pregnant last night and could feel the baby kicking. WEIRD. #2 is going to have to wait a bit.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny about your dream. I had a similar one a few nights ago. I'm with you though...not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete