Monday, January 18, 2010

35 Weeks



We have had an extremely busy week this week! Now we go to the doctor once a week until she arrives, and not just one doctor, but two. I told Erik we were in the wrong business and needed to be in the pre-natal industry. Our 35 week ultrasound went great today, last month she was in the 78th percentile and they were worried she was going to be TOO big. This week, she is in the 40th percentile and weighs 5 pounds 10 ounces. She has gained 20 ounces in a month. So bizarre. We were told everything looks great, heartbeat 149 and we'll need weekly check ups for non stress tests for the baby. They will strap a fetal monitor to my belly every week and check her movements/heart rate. This is on top of my weekly visit to the OBGYN. I guess this is new to us so it seems a little much, but...
The good news is we finally saw her face!!!! She turned to us at the very end of the ultrasound so the tech could get a picture. Again- Bonner nose and mouth. Can't wait to meet her. She just has to make it until Feb 12 and then any day will do!
I've joined Southern Marin Moms and am meeting up with some new moms next week. This should be fun to meet other new moms just like me. We had a nice weekend visiting with friends and I'm still feeling great- the usual aches and pains, but nothing too bad!

4 comments:

  1. Ava is sooooooooooooo cute!!!! I am counting down the days to hold her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is pretty darn cute myself, isn't it amazing that we can see what she looks like inside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. freakin adorable!! can't wait to see the little princess. :) i hope she looooooves her auntie tish!

    ReplyDelete