Saturday, January 30, 2010

36 Weeks

I'm really starting to feel the confinement of being pregnant! Not only is it incredibly hard to breathe, but I've officially lost my energy. I made it this long feeling great and now I'm plagued with uncomfortable ailments- oh well...18 more days and I'll be done. Unless she decides to come sooner. My belly button is bipolar, I'm not sure whether or not it is going to pop out, but it is wide open and itchy. And I don't mean just a little itchy, but incredibly itchy, itchy to the point that I've scratched it raw. I lotion it all day long it seems and still no relief. I can honestly say that I thought my appetite would have subsided by now considering my stomach must be squished to the size of a dime, but it hasn't. In fact, I have been craving spaghetti and bread and cheese and once again- anything sweet. Can't forget sprite either! I've never been so thirsty in my life as I am this week and whatever it is I'm drinking must have ice in it. Never before have I liked ice in my water, but now I can't drink it without it. Still getting up two or three times a night to use the bathroom, sleeping with a pillow between my legs and am consistently stuffy. Some other funky stuff going on, but I'm not sure I'm ready to share that.
As for work, I am trying to wrap it up, but more things keep coming my way. 2 more weeks and I'm done for 3 months- just have to keep remembering that! Lots of colds going around and I'm trying my hardest not to catch it.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You're on the home stretch. Oh, and I used Johnson and Johnson's baby lotion w/ cocoa butter on my tummy. It was the only thing that helped...worth a try, and if it doesn't work, you can always use it on Ava! (it's Angie btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I had the same exact thing happen to me with ice when I was pregnant with Sophia. I always drank room temp water before. The weird thing is that it stuck with me after pregnancy and to this day will only drink water with ice. Sounds like you're almost ready!!

    ReplyDelete