Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday, March 9- 1 month old!!




Today Ava turned 1 month! I can hardly believe it. We celebrated with a trip to the pediatrician where she had to have a shot...poor baby and such a mean mommy! She is 21.5 inches and weighed 9.13 pounds, she is really packing the lbs on. Everything else looked great as well, a little baby acne is starting to sprout up on her face, but I'm trying to keep it clean so it will go away. Tonight is going to be her first submersion bath. Her belly button is officially ok for water. I'm not sure how it is going to go, as of right now, she hates the sponge bath. I'm hoping for a thumbs up for her, but we'll see...
Later today- Ava loved her bath!!! Threw a fit when she was removed from the warm water and had to put her pjs on. We are trying a new routine tonight per Dr. Goldstein. We are supposed to put her to bed at 7, feed her again at 10 and hopefully she will only wake up once during the night. Then we have to wake her up at 7am. So far it has taken an hour to put her to bed, she has not gone down easy, but we are trying to do things to benefit all of us in the future.
Happy One Month Birthday Ava!

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful :)! Bedtimes are hard, but so worth it. I didn't start "training" #1 till 8 weeks, but she was sleeping through the night by 3.5 months. Just before I went back to work. #2 started at 2 months, but that was more luck than anything. Now both my girls sleep from 6-6:30pm till 6:30-7am. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete