Saturday, July 3, 2010

Marin County Fair- July 2, 2010






We took Ava to the fair yesterday and for the first hour she slept through it in her stroller. So, Erik and I cruised around with a couple of cocktails waiting for her to wake up. Once she did we had a blast! She is so alert and everything is exciting for her. We watched everyone go on the rides (she wasn't big enough to even go on the merry-go-round!), went to the petting zoo, looked at all the farm animals, watched the young girls perform their dances and checked out the exhibit hall where we took our picture with storm troopers. There were lots of lights in the hall and it was much cooler than outside. Daddy even won her very first carnie stuffed animal, a green seahorse. Of course, Erik and I had to eat carnie food- corn dogs, pizza, cheese fries. I even let Ava suck on some ice cubes while I held them and have a sip of soda. Surprise- Ava loved it. She can drink out of a cup too, so I'll practice with her at home from now on. She almost passed out on the car ride home, but I kept her awake. We made it back just in time for her nighttime routine! Today we are going to Uncle Mike's to go swimming and then tomorrow we will go to the Larkspur 4th of July parade!

1 comment: