Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, July 11






Last week went by very quickly and I'm blown away by the fact that we are half way through July. Erik will be 40 next week! He was 31 the first time I met him- where did all of that time go??? We took Ava to the park yesterday for the first time, we walked with Cooper to a little one down the street from our house. I slid down the slide with her and she seemed to like it, I'm not sure she understood what was happening. I must be getting old because the slide didn't seem as big, fast or fun as they used too! Cooper enjoyed it, he made his way onto the play structure and wanted to go on the slide with us, but he chickened out. I saw a flash of the puppy he once was and he had a great time. Unfortunately, he is getting older and slower, and I worry that we won't have much more time with him. The monitor alarm went off in the middle of the night last night and I flipped out- I don't think I have ever run as fast as I did to make sure that Ava was breathing. She had the blanket over her face, but that is nothing new. I can't figure out why it went off, but it scared me half to death. I put her in bed with me after that and just watched her the rest of the night. Now, I need a nap. She has also decided that she would rather eat rice cereal than have her bottle, she will scream, kick and smack it out of my hands until I stop trying to feed her and give her cereal. Ava is infatuated with everything that we are drinking and the glass/container it comes in. So much so, that I put some water in her sippy cup and let her go to town on it. She just chews on the end, but did manage to get some in her mouth- most of it just went down her shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment