Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1 Week Old!


Ava is officially one week old today! Time is already flying by and I can't believe I've been doing this for a week. I didn't realize how hard it would be, but I'm still loving every moment with her. Every day I learn something new to make taking care of her easier. We had to run out and get a wipe warmer since she flipped out with every diaper change. Now, she remains calm while we wipe her (not every time, but pretty close). We went to the pediatrician today for her 1 week check up. She has grown an inch- 20.5 inches, and weighs 7.4 pounds- almost exactly her birth weight! Everything looks great and she got an A+. I'm still supplementing with formula, but we've got it figured out now and hopefully when my mom leaves tomorrow I'll be able to do it all on my own. It has been wonderful having her here and we've worked out quite the system for feeding, changing and sleeping. Now, I'll have to train Erik to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. your doing great, keep it up. My only advise, take a ton of pictures and don't stop. Before you know it the year is over and all you have to look back at is your pictures. i thought all along I was taking a bunch, but apparently not as many as I thought - call it mommy brain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so beautiful ishi! i second the "take tons of pics" thing. i've got literally 10,000 pics of Emma's first year and i love looking back! you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete