.jpg)

Ava came early! 11 days to be exact. Bryan came out on Sunday for the superbowl and Monday night at 11:30pm my water broke- after going to bathroom and coming back to bed. It was unnerving and I couldn't figure out what the heck happened. Erik and I went to the hospital at midnight while Bryan stayed behind to watch Cooper. When we arrived, I decided to try for a vaginal birth rather than the Csection that I was scheduled for on the 17th. I moved into the birthing room and continued to wait until noon to start pushing. I had an epidural around 3am and felt no pain until it was time to push! Even then, I had no pain just pressure. I pushed for 30 minutes and about 12-15 pushes and out she came! Poor little thing had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and once she was out, they rushed her to be examined and I stressed out. Erik and my mom were able to hold her and watch the Dr.'s work with her. I on the other hand had only half of my placenta come out and had to be worked on for another half hour to get the other half detached and pulled out. So, I wasn't able to hold her until an hour later!! Everything turned out for the best, she turned out to be fine (minus the heart attack she almost gave us) and me as well. We spent two days in the hospital and were released on Thursday. Had some major emotional issues Wed/Thursday so I stopped taking the Vicodin- the change was instantaneous. First night at home was horrible, Ava was screaming all night and I didn't know what to do. Turns out, my milk still hasn't come in so she wasn't getting enough to eat. I was starving her. Milk still isn't in, but she is nursing. Hopefully she is getting the good stuff with the breast and all the filling with the bottle. I thought I was going to hate breastfeeding, but turns out I like it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Last night was great, Ava is loving the supplement so our night last night was great! Mom is here with me helping out- thank goodness, I wouldn't know what to do without her!!! It is just nice to have someone here that has already done it before and can keep me calm.

ahhhhh congrats ishi! good job delivering her - so scary about the cord! i need more pics!
ReplyDelete