
I don't think I'll ever figure out these crazy hours Ava keeps. Last night she went to bed at 9pm after being up for 2 hours crying- she finally started screaming at the top of her lungs so we fed her AGAIN. She slept until 3am and then was ready to play! I try all the different problems for why she is crying- diaper, gas, food, boredom...it always comes down to food. I feed her constantly and am still supplementing every now and then with formula. She is starting to refuse the formula, especially from me. I bought a pump, but it is going to take forever to get a full feeding let alone store enough for many feedings. I pump out like an ounce at a time! Maybe I don't have the hang of it yet. All I know is that I understand why people drink- after spending all day with a fussy baby trapped in the house and no exercise one might need a few cocktails to wind down at night. The sun actually came out today and we attempted to walk to subway for lunch, halfway through we had to turn around because Ava pitched a fit! I brought a bottle with us, but she wouldn't take it and only proceeded to scream. We had to head home to feed her. I'm starting to see a pattern here and am understanding what people were talking about!! I am feeling more and more comfortable with her and have been enjoying cuddling with her. She is so soft and snuggly, even when she is crying. She is very sensitive and I have a feeling inherited that trait from me- again she goes from zero to 100 in an instant with no forewarning that she is going to cry. Erik does a great job with her and is a big help. This week Bob, Gladys, Julianna, Great Grandma and Grandpa come for a visit.

everything sounds totally normal ishi! it takes awhile to establish your milk supply so until then its feeding alllll the time! you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteSounds like our life with Sophia when she was a newborn. It takes a while to figure out all the different cries etc. You're doing great(better than I did...I was a mess). My advice is just feed her as much as she wants and don't worry about the clock(although you may feel like a milk machine) she may just want to be close to you and that's the closest she can get! Keep up the good work...it truly gets better and better!!!
ReplyDelete