
We are slowly starting to figure things out. Unfortunately, not the sleeping at night thing yet. She sleeps and sleeps and sleeps until it is time for us to go to bed and then she wants to stay up. As of right now, she is going to sleep around 11pm, waking up for a 1:30-2am feeding and then sleeping until 5 or 6. It isn't so bad and I usually take an hour nap in the afternoon. Erik is a big help with diaper changing and rocking her. She instantly wants to breast feed even if she just ate when I pick her up. She will work herself up into quite the tizzy if I don't give in. So, I have to have Erik sooth her when she is fussy otherwise, I make it worse. Went to the lactation specialist today to see about pumping, I have to wait until at least 4 weeks before doing so. Ava is 7 pounds 10 ounces, she is over her birth weight which means that she is eating enough. We go to the Dr. again on Tuesday!

good job mom! sounds like you guys are doing great! don't worry about the sleep thing- the first few weeks are all about survival mode - baby ava will figure out the sleep thing eventually. my only advice is to keep things bright and loud during the day and dark and quiet at night to help her understand the different between day and night. good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood advice, I'll try that!
ReplyDeletehonestly, the sleep pattern sounds just about right for her age. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteif you want me to come over and show you how to use the pump, just let me know.